Natural Soap Making with the Hot Process Method
Make and Customize Your Own Natural Soaps Safely: A Step by Step Tutorial Course
Learn how to make your own natural handmade soaps using the traditional hot process method! There are many reasons to make your own soaps.
When you make your own soaps you will and can:
- Get rid of toxins in your soap products because you'll KNOW what's in them
- Save money
- Give yourself a fun, creative outlet (self-care)
- Add to your self-reliance and self-sufficiency skills
- Improve the health and appearance of your skin
- Reduce consumer waste
- Build a foundation for starting your own soap making business (if you choose)
There are probably lots more reasons I'm not even considering!
The reasons I personally wanted to learn how to make my own handmade soap was for my health...to get rid of the toxic chemicals found in all store-bought soaps. I also wanted to know I could handle our cleaning needs should there ever be an emergency.
Little did I know I would save a ton of money, improve my skin, and even have a successful soap making business when I started on this journey!
Are you like I was?
- Wonder what on earth all that toxic stuff is in the soaps you buy? Even the "natural" ones?
- Worry about the fact that your skin (and your family's skins) are soaking all that garbage in?
- Wonder what those toxins are doing to your endocrine system, brain, and more?
- Want the peace of knowing exactly what ingredients are in the soap you're using?
- Imagine it will be fun (it is!) and want to find a way to expend some creative energy?
- Want to use only natural methods to make your soaps
- Want to be able to make soaps quickly and easily?
NOW, you can stop worrying, wondering, and take action!
Here's a note I received via email:
Get started now!
As a former public school teacher, I know that we all have different learning styles. Learning to make soap from a book, like I did, can be difficult, causing a lot of second-guessing and anxiety, especially since you're working with lye.
I've included complete step-by-step videos, written text, and recipes simply spelled out for you in this course. It will be like you're standing right in my soap making kitchen, learning right along with me as I show you everything!
There are very few hot process soap tutorials out there, especially in the popular soap making books. Even though the hot process method is the traditional method of making home made soap, it is one of the skills we've lost! It's time to find out how to make this style of soap again!
You need only a few items to get started, and you probably have most of these right in your kitchen right now!
What are you waiting for?
Get started now!
With this online course, you'll be able to:
- Create your own first batch of soap within a day
- Learn how to formulate and customize your own soaps
- Use natural herbs, clays, and other additives that come naturally from the earth to create your own custom soaps
- Find out important safety information about using lye
- Learn about basic soap making ingredients
- Find out about what super-fatting is and how to do it properly
- How to clean up safely
- How to convert a soap recipe from cold process to hot process safely
- Important ways to extend the life of your soap
- Detailed instructions about every single part of hot process soap making
- Videos for each step of the way
- Ten natural recipes I developed myself for the hot process method
- How to use herbs in your soaps
- How to use natural clays in your soaps
- How to use textures in your soaps
- How to use fruits and vegetables in your soaps
- How to make salt soaps---just like the fancy spas!
- How to make medicinal soaps
- How to use milks in your hot process soaps
AND as a BONUS, you'll also get my popular Hot Process Soap Making eBook! It's 95 pages of additional directions and recipes.
You'll also get to learn how to make soap balls!
Get started now!
Ever since I learned how to use herbs and natural healing methods to solve my own health issues over 15 years ago, I have been on a path to learn as much as I can about plant medicine and natural health. I'm a certified professional level aromatherapist, clinical/community herbalist, and lover of all things natural living. I invite you to use my years of experience and study, teaching credentials, and ability to encourage others so you can bring the healing powers of the natural world into your own home, kitchen, and life, too.
StartVideo: Soap Making Foundations (0:37)
StartBasic Soap Making Ingredients, Saponification Values, and the Bottom Line (1:19)
StartBasic Soap Making Tools and Equipment for Hot Process & Cold Process Soaps
StartHow to Read a Soap Recipe & Subbing Oils (8:22)
StartHow to Use a Lye Calculator and Why You Should (5:06)
StartWhat Does Super Fat Mean? (3:41)
StartHow to Clean Up After Soap Making Safely (Without Ruining Your Plumbing) (2:41)
StartUnderstanding the Differences Between Hot and Cold Process Soap Making (5:16)
StartConverting a Soap Recipe from Hot Process to Cold Process & Vice Versa (1:31)
StartCuring Your Soaps: Do You Really Need to?
StartTutorial for Hot Process Soaps (Videos for Basic Calendula, Lavender and Mint Soap)
StartWater & Oil Phases Video Demo: Hot Process (14:56)
StartBringing Your Soap to Trace Video (3:26)
StartCooking Your Soap Video + Phases of the Cook Process (2:28)
StartHow to Know When Your Soap is Done Cooking + Putting it in the Soap Mold (6:29)
StartMaking Soap Balls When You Have a "Bread Top" (3:02)
StartRemoving from the Soap Mold and Cutting Your Hot Process Soap (6:58)
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're on a quest like I was (and still am) to live as natural and self-reliantly as possible, learning to make your own soap can be a useful, practical, and fun way to add to your homestead skillset....no matter where you live!
I hope you'll join me in this online course! I think you'll just love making your own beautiful handmade soaps!
Hugs, Health, and Self-Reliance,